I have fallen a little behind, so settle in, this is a long one.
So, as you can see, Connor has learned how to blow a bubble. This is all he wants to do! He always thinks he needs to have bubble gum. His class has a reading club and when they read for so many minutes they can pick the type of party they want to have. Well, Connor's class has broken the record for minutes by this time in the school year and they picked a bubble gum party. I have been trying to teach him forever how to blow a bubble, but Mrs. Tetting in one day can teach not just Connor, but 17 other kids! Amazing! I guess that is why she is a 2nd grade teacher.
Last weekend, we got out of the house for a Milwaukee Wave game. The Wave are the professional indoor soccer team in Milwaukee. I was feeling a little better. The hard part was getting into the arena. I have to tell you this story, even though it makes me look so clumsy. I was lying around on Saturday, which was a really nice warm day, thinking how I wanted to go outside and play. I decided I would go out and take down the Christmas lights that were still hanging on some of the trees. Yeah, I know it is almost spring and the lights should have been down a long time ago. It is just so darn cold usually! Anyway, I go outside and start taking down the lights on a small evergreen tree. I bend down, and I got a limb right smack in the middle of my eyeball. Now, if you can imagine those needly pine limbs poking into your eyeball, you know how bad that hurt. I stood there for a minute waiting for the stinging to pass. It felt a little better, so I tried to open my eye and absolutely couldn't do it without tears streaming down. I went back inside, resigned to the fact that I scratched my eye and would have to just deal with the pain for awhile. Now, some of you know that I have an issue with poking myself in the eye. Last year I got a plug in the eye when I pulled on the cord instead of the actual plug. And yes, it was the same eye. So, when the directions say don't yank on the cord, you should really listen. Tom thinks I need to get some goggles to wear around the house while I'm cleaning or cooking. HaHa. Ok, so back to the tree limb incident. I went to bed that night, still in pain and not able to see out of my right eye. It is amazing how much you need both eyes to really do anything! I woke up on Sunday morning to a swollen and gunked shut right eye. I went to the urgicare center and the doctor numbed it and put some dye in there so she could see the cut. She found the scratch right away, because according to her it was enormous for an eye scratch, and right down the middle. This is why I couldn't see out of it. I got some anti-biotic eye drops and went on my way. Needless to say, Tom and Connor enjoyed the soccer game way more than me, simply because they could actually see the players. I just knew when we scored. Like I said before, the hard part was getting into the arena. Not only was I having trouble breathing, but I couldn't see where I was walking either. Tom and Connor were just going along, crossing the streets and leaving me behind. I was asking strangers if it was safe to cross the street because I couldn't see the lights or really if cars were coming. I know it sounds crazy!
I think we are over the hump as far as ailments go, thank God! We gave our house a nice cleaning and airing out yesterday. We had a realtor come over and look at it so that we know what our next project should be. That was fun. It always reminds me how much I love our house when other people come over. Since it is an old house, sometimes we get caught up in all the work. It is nice to sit back and just look at it. It has so much charm and history.
We took our first zoo trip of the season on Sunday. It was nice, a little chilly, but nice. I got some pictures of our favorites:
Connor's favorite is the fish and reptile house. He loves looking at the snakes and octopus.
My favorites at any zoo are always the elephants, but at Milwaukee Zoo I love to go visit Minnie the Jersey cow. I just love her! She has the cutest eyes and face. Someday, I will have my own jersey cow. Just one though.
Tom's favorite it the big cat area. He likes the lions and tigers. We didn't get a picture of him with the cats, but he took some good pictures of them cleaning each other. Awww, it was sweet.
Okay, I think I covered everything. For those of you that made it to the end of this incredibly long blog, thanks for hangin' in
No comments:
Post a Comment