Monday, August 2, 2010

A Great Time in Cincinnati


Ok, so we are home for at least 2 weeks.....I think. After we got back from the Dells, we turned around and drove to Cincinnati for the weekend. Again, Jen and Ari were wonderful hosts to the hoards of kids and adults that invaded their home for 2 days. The best part, in my opinion, was seeing all of the kids and how much they have grown in a year. And hearing how many new babies will be added to the mix next year. There will be 4 new babies at the get together next year!

The drive home was so much better than the drive there. I think it had to do with the fact that we were driving into Chicago traffic on a Friday , and when we came back through it was Sunday. Still some traffic, but not 2 hours worth. I don't think there is any way to avoid it. Once we got there it was nice and relaxing, but I did get my workout in going up and down the stairs a million times. No wonder Jen has a hurt knee!:) I was a little bit sore when we got home. It is a good thing though, I can't complain about some exercise. I have to say that the 3rd floor was great.

Maddie was a good traveler until we got to the last 20 minutes. But for a 10 hour drive, who can blame her. Tom even admitted to almost shedding a tear.

We all had t-shirts to wear in our team colors. Maddie and I were purple, and Tom and Connor were green. I was on a team with Andi, and Tom was with Amanda (?). It is getting more difficult to fit all the tournaments in due to parents trying to get kids down for naps, feeding them, chasing them around, etc. I think Andi and I skipped some games, not sure. I have no idea where we ended up on the bracket, but I'm guessing it wasn't on the winning side.

It was a nice trip and great to see everyone!

No comments: