I am calling them adventures because if I don't I will go insane.:) Tom was gone last week, and is gone again this week. After such a long time of him being home, it is an adjustment again. Last week was filled with many "adventures," all of them happening in one day. First, our dishwasher broke on Friday. I ordered the piece that I needed and Tom left on the following Wednesday. The piece came on Wednesday and I wasn't waiting until Tom got home to have a working dishwasher again. I feel like I can do just as good of job at fixing it as Tom could, right? So, I pull out the dishwasher, unhook the electricity to it,undo the wires inside and start reassembling. So far so good. Then at the very end the door won't go back on! Something doesn't fit. This has taken about an hour because Maddie was not happy that I was in the kitchen and she wasn't allowed in. While doing all of this, I was being swamped with calls from the Menomonee Falls Rec Department, which I won't comment on the IQ of the people working there, telling me that my soccer practices have yet again been cancelled. Really! I ended up dealing with that from 9am until 5pm. Figure it out people!!!! I don't lose my temper very often with people, but I actually cursed at the lady on the phone. We'll see how that works out for the soccer club in the future. I couldn't help it,they are constantly cancelling on us among other things. Ok, back to the appliance thing. Not only was the dishwasher taken apart in the kitchen, our pipes were frozen to the laundry room because it was 15 below zero outside. Which leads to the next "adventure." I had to go pick up Connor from school so I got Maddie all bundled with gloves and all. She was sitting on the washer while I put her boots on, and while flinging her hands around, a glove goes flying behind the dryer. I can't take her out in below temps without gloves! Yes, it is the only pair she owns. I know that was my first mistake. :) Out comes the dryer. Unhooked and all. While pulling out the dryer I discover Zak's peeing place. Dumb dog, I love him but he makes me sooooo angry sometimes. You would think that someone would have smelled it, it was disgusting! Anyway, I fixed the dishwasher, unfroze the pipes, rehooked the dryer, fixed the soccer issue, and cleaned the pee. Whoo, all in a days work right? On that first day on our own, I sat down on the couch at the end of the night and looked around at a house that was neglected of it's daily clean-ups. Wow, it looked like a tornado hit - nope it was just a 9 year old and 1 year old having free reign.

Who's gonna get there first?

We did have some real fun adventures too. Maddie went outside and played in the snow for the first time. She wasn't sure what to think, as any kid is when encountering a ton of snow. She loved it though. Is she going to be my snow bunny? We all know that Connor is definitely my beach goer.


Also, Maddie has mastered the mad face and that is all I get when trying to get a cute picture. Her one year pictures had plenty of mad looks with a few confused looks as well. Luckily, we distracted her with a play phone, so we got some really cute ones of her playing. I love the pictures that show the real personality. Someday we will look back and laugh at her mad face.
2 comments:
I love all of the pictures. So sorry you had such an "adventurous" day. Love ya.
Maddie and Connor look so cute. And I love her "mad" face. I'm glad your busy day ended up OK. I know how much you miss Tom. He misses you and the children too, I know. We love you all. xoxoxox
Post a Comment