I think that we have turned a corner, and spring is on the other side! I say that while I am knocking on wood, or something that looks like wood. Does that count? In the last couple
I have been shepherding at Sunday School almost every Sunday, which has been really great. I wonder why I didn't do it before. I am reminded that I have to just jump in feet first sometimes, even when I don't have any idea what to expect. Anyway, Maddie and Connor go to church with me and one of my favorite things is dressing them up. Connor still will wear whatever I lay out for him, so that is easy, but Maddie is so much fun to dress! I am a sucker for big frilly dresses - always have been. :) I always want to take a picture, and I usually restrain myself, but this time she was just too cute. I really hope she likes dresses as she gets older!
The couple of days around St. Patrick's Day ended up being wonderful, warm and sunny. All of the kids in the neighborhood were out in full force. I was reminded what the "big thaw" brings: excited kids, bikes, skateboards, and skooters all in the yard, open windows, a messy, smelly dog, mud, mud, and more mud, and an empty pantry at the end of the day. I love it!
Connor's school puts on a Family Science Night every year. It is essentially a science fair. The students can submit their science projects, which are judged and rewarded. Also, the high school students come out and set up tables where the kids can participate in simple science experiments. There is an egg drop competition, and a sailboat regatta. It was really fun! I thought maybe Connor would decide to do an experiment next year, but he said he would rather make a sailboat. Yeah!
This has been a busy week, but that is good because Tom is traveling. It makes that time go by faster when we have a full schedule. :)I think Maddie is tired of me taking her picture - this is the camera lens coming at me!
No comments:
Post a Comment