Our Week of Lasts
Sunday: Last Sunday at church. It was a kind of weird Sunday because none of our preachers were there. We had a guest speaker and that meant that no one was there in general. Connor didn't even go because the night before was his sleepover.
Monday: Last Monday? Okay, I guess we didn't do any "lasts" on Monday.
Tuesday: Last piano practice with Mr. Steve. He has been so awesome with Connor! Connor painted him a birdhouse as a thank you. He gave that to him and then they played ping pong because that is how cool Mr. Steve is. Thank you Mr. Steve!
We also had Tom's going away party with the office on Tuesday night. That was a lot of fun. We got to see some people that had left before Tom who came back, and we had to say good bye to some wonderful friends.
Wednesday: Last soccer practice. That wasn't too sad.....probably because I didn't go. :) Last night in our house. Now this was really sad. :(
Thursday: Connor's 5th Grade Recognition! Yep, he has graduated 5th grade! Not only did he pass 5th grade, he was recognized for so many things!
* Security Patrol
* Bus Monitor
* Recycling Team
* Chorus
* Citizenship Award
* Spelling Bee Participant
* and here it is the big one 1st Place Winner of the Geography Bee
I think I got everything. WoW! Talk about a proud Mom and Dad! Way to go Connor. I am so glad he was so involved!
This day was also Maddie's last little play date with her friend Rilee. Maddie will miss Rilee so much. As Kim and Rilee were leaving I started to cry and Maddie asked me if I was sad. I said, "Yes, I am sad." Maddie looked at me and said, "It will be okay" and gave me hug. Kids are so honest and smart and what would I do without them?
We said good bye to our neighbors, babysitters, and really good friends. It was sad, but I know we will see most of them again.
Friday: Not sure what is in store for us on this day but every minute is bittersweet. Hopefully Friday will include one last walk around the pond to look for frogs. I think that would be the perfect way to end the week.
Saturday: Last soccer game and last day in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. We will officially be driving out after Connor's game. I know that Saturday is only 2 days away, but we haven't crossed that line yet. :)
1 comment:
Oh, Sara, I have tears in my eyes. Your writing always makes me smile or laugh, but not this time. How lucky the folks in Wisconsin have been to have you, Tom and the children there. They won't forget you. Much love and xoxoxo's. Maddie is a kick, isn't she?
Post a Comment