Wow! So I haven't written anything since September. I mean, written on here anyway. I have written in various journals, but that doesn't count. Anywhoo! I am not even going to attempt to catch you all up on the happenings here. I had an entry all written up and decided to take the lighter side. Maybe I'll save that one for another time.
I have to say that this picture is one of my favorites. It really isn't very often anymore that you will find Connor and Madeleine hanging out together without arguing about something. Completely normal, I know, but look how well everyone can get along if we just try. And it actually turns out to be fun once you get there!
Our beautiful girl turned four and has been enjoying every minute of being a big four year old. I look at her and see everything! It is amazing and impossible to put into words. I remember this with Connor too and love that I get to live it again with Maddie. I have attempted to sit down and write a Maddie blog a couple of times, but I just can't seem to get it. I can write pen to paper all day, but when I sit here in front of my computer it just doesn't want to get out of my head. Does that make sense? Pen and paper seem so much more personal and lovely. Typing words on a screen in whatever style font this is just doesn't work for that. Maybe I just need to change the font! I'll give it a try. But essentially, what I would write on here if I could would be that she is joy. Complete joy. Between Maddie and Connor I have so much joy, excitement, love, and beauty in my life, I don't know how I could want for more.
I had been struggling with a Lenten promise this year, I mean what could top Maddie's promise to stop fibbing? And she has been taking that seriously by the way. I had originally not wanted to give something up, but do something more. Then I decided to just change something instead. I wasn't sure if I was giving something up or adding something, maybe a little of both. The point being to hopefully come out of the 40 days a better person, right? I recently have been talking about how between the hours of 4 and 7, I am on edge and so close to loosing my cool. Believe me, there is not a lot of "Christ like" behavior going on between those hours. It is mostly referred to as the "witching hours." I understand how it happens. Everyone is coming home from work or school. Kids want to play, and run, and yell, and I just want to relax already. Unfortunately, lots of heart hardening has happened in those hours. So, I am going to try my hardest to soften those hearts back up a little bit. Those hours, 4 to 7, should be the best ones of the whole day! Everyone is excited to be exactly where they are, we are together, and ready for some sort of adventure (well half of us are ready; and I mean the shorter half). This is going to be my challenge. Take those "witching hours" and embrace them, and everything that comes with them. That may mean that I have to give up something during the day in order to get housework completely done by 4, or that I need to add some meditation time in there somewhere. I don't know what yet, but things will be added and taken away. In the end I will hopefully not just have made myself better and happier, but the three most important people happier as well. How could I want for more?
1 comment:
Oh Sara, what a lovely entry. And I couldn't agree more. If we have those we love most around us, we are wealthy indeed. I understand about being softer during those hours when, actually, so many of us are tired. I will send lots of positive thoughts your way.
Post a Comment