Well, the big day has passed and we are still working on clearing all the paper and toys. I don't know about anyone else, but the days following Christmas are a little.....I don't know the word. Kind of like your wedding day, you plan and plan for this one big day and then when it is over you look around and don't know what to do with yourself or your time. That is what the days after Christmas feel like. The difference is, it will come again next year!! Everything will be back, all the Christmas specials on TV, the radio stations that play only Christmas music, the cards in the mail, lights, etc. Now we have time at home to play and relax. I LOVE Christmas vacation. If I had a job that didn't have a Christmas vacation, I think I would...oh wait, I wouldn't have a job like that. That's a deal breaker for me. I need my Christmas, summer, and preferably, a spring break. We don't have much planned for the break besides going to Chicago to see Ben and Brianne. That is just to have lunch before they go back to San Francisco, so no big excursions for us.
I do hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas Eve and morning. We missed seeing all of our family. It is always weird when we are not with them on Christmas, or any holiday for that matter. Tom, Connor, and I went to our Christmas Eve service at church. It was really nice. We all were dressed up and the church looked so pretty lit up with candles. I can't imagine not going to church on Christmas Eve.
Connor had a great time in the morning of course. He was very happy with what Santa brought and informed us that it is awesome that we can get all of this stuff for free! All we have to do is ask Santa, and be good of course.
Zak hid behind the chair, and various other favorite hiding spots all day. I guess all of the excitement was too much for the poor guy. He also freaks out when we cook anything and Tom made us a wonderful Christmas dinner of roast, green beans, and yorkshire pudding. That could have added to Zak's anxiety.
Well, next time maybe some good stories and pictures from our visit with Ben and Brianne in Chicago.
No comments:
Post a Comment