...could Spring be just around the corner? As for me, I do believe that winter has left for the year. Okay, I am prepared mentally for one more snow before full on spring, but I just can't wait to see my tulips and all of the other flowers I planted last fall. YEA!
I don't have too much to write about for this week. We were outside quit a bit since the weather man sent us such nice days. I mean we are talkin' 50 degrees here people. That is almost unheard of this time of year! Connor got in some much needed scootering. He goes so fast on that thing! It really freaks me out watching him go down the hills. I just have to remember that he is SEVEN! He can't have Mom standing over him all the time telling him to be careful, don't go too fast, that hill is too big, etc.
We took our usual walk around the falls to check out if the water was moving yet. It is cool to watch the thawing, it starts to move underneath first.
Anyway, if you know Connor at all you also know that when there is water around, he has to throw something into it. These are some pictures of him trying to throw peices of ice into the moving part of the water.
I have made the big commitment. I am officially doing the marathon this year. As some of you remember I walked the half marathon last year (I am still growing back my big toenail by the way). Well, I swore that the half was enough and I would only be walking the 13.2 miles again. I suppose that peer pressure got the best of me. That, and I would have been the only one walking the half, and 13.2 miles is a long way to walk with no one to talk to. Anyway, I have started training (thanks Mom for the book) and I am thinking that this is doable.
I have almost made it through Access testing with the students at work. Every year, Jeanna and myself have to test around 50 students to find their English levels. Basically, we find out how proficient they are in their second language, English. This year Jeanna is on maternity leave so I am doing it on my own. I have one more student to test tomorrow and then I'm done! I'm sure that you all are very excited for me. Honestly though, I am ready to go back to my normal schedule and see all of our regular classes. I miss our crazy 7th and 8th graders! Yes, I said it! I miss the middle schoolers; I just love that age. Granted, they have their days but for the most part they are just plain funny.
Goal for next week...picture of a yard with NO SNOW!!! We'll see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment