Friday, February 13, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!


Happy Valentine's Day!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I had a great day at Connor's school. Mrs. Tetting's class had a pancake breakfast on Friday so I was able to volunteer to help out. I was assigned to the job of "pancake flipper." It was so nice of Connor to let Mrs. Tetting know that I wasn't a very good flipper, so she might have to teach me or put me somewhere else. I was assured when I arrived that it was an easy job. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so there are no pictures of the kids or my pancake flipping skills. Connor got silly putty and a whoopi cushion for Valentine's Day. The whoopi cushion was a big hit. Every time that we sit down, a roar of laughter comes from the other room. It is funny, and it makes Connor feel like he is a mastermind of sneakiness.

Here is just a random side note.
"Mrs. Doyle shakes things up pretty good." That was a quote from one of our students the other day while studying for the Preamble test. It is a challenge to make memorizing the Preamble fun and exciting, but I think we succeeded. :)

Connor has a friend, Jacob, who lives down the street. He likes to come over after school.
Here are Jacob and Connor being amazed by the sounds that are coming from this crazy machine. They couldn't get over my record player. I was listening to some old records that my mom gave me, (They are awesome by the way) and the boys just couldn't believe that you could move the needle and the song would start playing in a completely different spot!
It is funny, because to them an i-pod is just a simple machine, whereas for me I have just figured out how to make a playlist. Now I am not the most technically savvy person, but I can figure out things in time. The record player is relaxing to me, just right. If you want to listen to a different song you simply move the needle. No pushing buttons or scrolling around. I really enjoy my record player and hopefully Connor can appreciate the simplicity of it, and not think that I am too old fashioned.

As for my goal of no snow in the yard.....we almost made it. On Thursday night it was the first time in 80 days that we had 0" of snow cover. Then, Friday night we got 2 inches. Just enough to shovel and snow blow. Oh well, I guess it is only February after all. But I'm beginning to think, only a few more weeks till spring.

No comments: