Last week has been us just getting used to Madeleine and how everything is going to be with a new member of the family. Connor has been awesome. He has really been so understanding, and doing things for himself. We tried to prepare him for the first couple of months and he seems to be doing great. It does help that we had our Christmas with my parents and he has been busy building Legos. I have to say that this Lego Star Wars ship he built is really cool. I was impressed.
Madeleine is doing great. She does have her days and nights mixed up, but that is to be expected I guess. She sleeps all day and I have to wake her up to feed her. Then, at night she wakes up herself and is alert and moving for awhile before going back to sleep. Part of that came from her having to sleep on her billibed.
She was jaundiced and her numbers were pretty high, so they had a bed delivered to the house for her first 4 nights. Unless she was eating or being changed, she was to be laying on the bed. I didn't like putting her in it because we had to velcro her little arms in so she couldn't move around. She just had to lay there. It was no fun. Also, someone had to watch her while she was in it so she didn't slip down into the bag. I was up for 3 nights straight just watching her. I slept on the couch and she slept in her billibed. That is done and we just all want to hold her now.
Tom loves holding her and cuddling. He gets to stay home with us for 4 weeks and I am so thankful. He has been awesome! He wakes up to get me diapers and new pj's in the middle of the night. I don't know what I will do when he does go back to work. I think my mom will have to come back. :)
Zak has gotten used to having a new person. I'm not sure he knows it is a person yet. He is still a little confused by her smells and sounds, but he can settle in better now. He was really stressed about the whole situation at first. Here is Zak getting some TLC.
Here is Madeleine at one week old.
No comments:
Post a Comment