Here we are Christmas day and I am still in my pj's just hangin out with family. Isn't it great to be on vacation with nothing to do. Connor and I are the only ones who haven't changed clothes yet, Tom got dressed, and Maddie of course had to put on her cute little Christmas outfit.
We had a great Christmas Eve at church. Madeleine made it more than half way through before she was hungry. It went really well though. It is nice to have a practice run with Tom there to help just in case. I think next Sunday I might be able to do it by myself. I mean, really how many Sundays can I get Tom to go with me. :) We didn't do a practice run of a school day though, so I am a little nervous about that on Jan. 4. I will be getting Connor ready, Maddie ready, me ready and dropping Connor off at school by 8:50. We have been known to be late with just Connor and I. :) Anyway, back to Christmas. The service last night was wonderful, as always. There is always great music, and Pastor Carly does a great job with the message as well. It is never boring when she is preaching. I think that is a compliment. Christmas day came and the reindeer ate their oats and Santa ate A LOT of mint chocolate chip cookies. He probably ate too many....Mrs. Claus might have to take out his suit. Connor was so happy with what Santa brought. He was very surprised this year because he didn't formally ask Santa for anything specific. Madeleine slept through her first present opening session. I think she liked everything though.
Russ and Michele were here for Christmas morning, which was really nice. We couldn't go home this year so it is nice to have family here. Christmas, or any holiday, isn't the same without family around.
Next year we decided that we will be coming home for Thanksgiving and Christmas if at all possible.
After all of the holiday fun Maddie was quite the pooped out girl.
1 comment:
thanks for the Christmas blog; Barb and I have just looked at it and all th!e pictures. Our brother looks funny with no glasses and not much hair. Happy New Year
--Mary Lou
Post a Comment