Sunday, January 3, 2010

What a Happy New Year!!!



Happy 2010 everyone! I hope that everyone had a nice and safe New Year's Eve. We were so happy that my parents decided to come up for a visit. New Year's is one of Connor's favorite nights. He loves the party hats and glasses, the sparkling grape juice, and most of all staying up really late. I'm so glad he is still just 8 years old and I don't have to worry about were he's at on New Year's. That will come soon enough. Connor had a great time in all of his get-up. How many things can he fit on his head, that was the question.




Thanks to my parents, Tom and I went out for dinner on New Year's Eve. It was really nice to get away for a couple of hours. I didn't think it was going to go well, but my dad just fed Maddie a bottle and she was fine.



Maddie has had a rough week. She has started with the fussiness, not sleeping very well, etc. She reminds me of Connor, so I am hoping that she doesn't have acid reflux and is just going through a tough time. I thought I would get a carrier so that she could just hang out with me all the time and I could still get some stuff done. I put it on and started putting her in it, but she wasn't having any of it. I finally got her in, thinking she would settle in, but no matter what I did she did not like being in the carrier. We will try again another day.:) She was really great in church today though, so for that, I am thankful.

Well, tomorrow it's back to our regular lives. And let me tell you, I am not lacking for things to do on my first day on my own. I have a dentist appointment at 10:00, Connor has piano at 4:00 and a soccer game at 5:00, then I have a soccer meeting at 7:00. We wouldn't want to ease into anything, that would be way too easy! Honestly, I am thinking I am going to cancel my dentist appointment, then that will give me the day to prepare myself and everyone else for the evening.

Here is Connor kissing Maddie Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Sara, congratulations!! You have such a beautiful family. Maddie is so sweet, and Connor looks like he's enjoying being a big brother! You are looking fantastic, by the way! I totally understand the challenge of getting everyone up, ready, and out the door to school. It's a feat, for sure! Enjoy your days, and say hello to Tom! We're looking forward to seeing you all at Leibapalooza this summer!!!