Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cooking. Cleaning. Changing. Feeding. (and the occasional shower)


Well, we are off and running in 2010. Connor is back at school, Tom back at work, and Maddie and I are holding down the home front. I have had dinner ready, and house cleaned for the past 2 weeks, so I think that is pretty darn good. I don't feel like it is normal yet, but hopefully that will come soon.
Connor had his 8 year old check up at the doctor and he is right on track. She checked for his heart murmur that shows up every once in awhile, but no sign of it that day. I suppose that is good. He is 4 foot 4 inches and weighs 58 pounds, and, according to Dr. T, "way too smart for a 3rd grader.":) Dr. Totzke is great and just lets Connor talk and tell her all of his stories. We love Dr. Totzke. Maddie also was seen for a rash and reflux problems. She got a cream for the rash and Zantac for the reflux. Hopefully that works soon. She weighs 10 pounds 14 ounces! Growing so fast! Maddie is a very happy little girl throughout the day, and we usually just play and read, then she naps for a couple of hours. She likes her swing and her play thing for the floor.
She smiles a lot while she is awake, and she has been laughing in her sleep. I love when she does that! I wonder what babies are laughing at when they laugh in their sleep. We are enjoying our time at home. I get really restless and want to paint the walls and redecorate, but I have to restrain myself for a little while. As soon as spring comes and I can open up the house, we will have different colors all over the place! Tom will be so happy! :)
Kim and Rilee came over to visit last Friday. Rilee is 1 and was loving Maddie. She really liked her little hands and feet. She liked her eyes too but we were trying to keep the fingers out of the eyes. :) I didn't get any pictures of them with Maddie, but I will next time.
Patty and Sarah came to visit this Friday. Sarah is just getting to the babysitting age, so she enjoyed holding Maddie. I was so happy that they made it over. I was missing talking to Patty!

No comments: