Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chilly Fest


I don't have much to post this week. We just hung out. Connor had piano and soccer, but that was about it. Connor did go to Chilly Fest with our neighbor Zephan and his mom. I have never been. I guess I don't think that walking around in the cold watching people sculpt ice sounds appealing. Although, every year I say, "You know Connor, we should go to that this year." I did drive around and take pictures of a couple of the sculptures. They are impressive, and I guess this year the theme was Western. Here is Connor in front of his favorite, the rattlesnake.


I just thought I would post a picture of Maddie in one of the onesies that the 8th graders made for her. Patty bought a bunch of onesies and had all of our 8th graders decorate one. This one was made by Nick and the green guy in the middle is a frog. That was a wonderful gift and every time I put one on her I remember who made it and it makes me smile. Thank You!!!!

I have an issue this week. Tom came home from work and announced that we were getting rid of our land line!!! This is not acceptable to me. I can't imagine not having a land line. I am still holding out for my powder blue rotary phone! You know the ones from the 50's? Tom says that I have an irrational fear of getting rid of the phone and I am old fashioned. Maybe I am, but just about the phone. He also says that NOBODY has a land line anymore. I don't agree - who are all the people in the phone book? And, I call people all the time on their home phone. I guess I will have to get used to the idea of using my cell phone more and move on. It will be cheaper, and I suppose that having a land line AND a cell phone is somewhat of a waste. Sometimes progress is a difficult thing.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Just make sure you keep your cell phones charged.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara Beth! I am going to share the photo of Madeleine with Nick. He definitely could use something good...and everyone asks him every week if you have called him to babysit yet! I was one of the people out there watching them chop into ice. I told the rattlesnake guy that his sculpture looked like a big heart before he finished the head and fangs. He was offended. Whatever!!!!! I miss you beautiful lady... Patty