This week was full of fun stuff for the Doyle's. On Monday I had lunch with Connor at his school. Maddie and I got there around 12:30 and headed down to the cafeteria. She was in her carrier so I had my hands free to go through the lunch line, get my tray, silverware, milk, and condiments. It was chicken nugget day, so that was ok. At least it wasn't rib sandwich day, yuck! Do they even still have those? Connor saved a seat for me and we ate and talked to his friends. I learn so much when we are around his friends. I hear about what new toys everyone has at home, and everyone has ALL the new toys.....even Connor. Is this normal? Do all 8/9 year olds compare what they have? Anyway, Maddie was wide eyed and taking it all in. I always like the lunch days.
Maddie has been grabbing her toys and really looking at them lately. She really likes her taggie blanket that Megan made her. Thanks Megan! She will sit and play with the little tags forever. She talks to them too. It is so cute.
The museum was nice. It was both Maddie and Tom's first time there so Connor had a good time showing Tom around. He especially liked showing Dad the butterfly garden. We weren't able to stay too long because Connor had a soccer game we had to get to.
We had a nice Palm Sunday. Connor planted about a dozen plants during Sunday School and brought them home to grow. We'll see how many actually come up. My flowers are starting to peek out outside! I love seeing the first flowers of spring!
Connor and Tom went on the first "explore" walk of the season. We always go down the river into the woodsy part and "explore." Connor really likes to watch the Man vs. Wild show and he pretends that he is the man. I think his name is Bear? Anyway, Tom and Connor were jumping around on limbs and there was a big jump. Connor turned to Tom and said, "Go dad. The cameraman always goes first." Hilarious. Smart boy. I wasn't there to see what happened since Maddie is still too little for our "explore" walks. Connor came back afterwards, having had a few little bathroom issues and said, "I can handle it because I am Man vs. Wild." Maybe this is just what he needs to not be so cautious all the time. :)
We finally got our Easter eggs decorated. Connor boiled the eggs, picked his colors and mixed them up. He practically did it all by himself. He picked a couple for Maddie too.
Today we start baseball practice. It is from 6 to 7:15. We also have piano on Monday nights from 4:40 to 5:10. We are going to be busy for awhile with soccer, piano, and baseball. There is always a little bit of overlap, and those are the hardest. Baseball is ridiculous in that they won't excuse being absent because of another sport. We are certainly going to find out what they mean by not excusing us.
Here is something that I read that is refrigerator worthy so I will share it with you all.
10 Reasons Why the Kids Will Be All Right
1. They hardly remember anything before age 2.
2. Your toddler is too small to understand what you called the #$%&*! who cut you
off on the parkway. (Although, Connor always remembers)
3. Your tween IS bis enough to understand what you said - but smart enough not to
repeat it in front of Grandma.
4. Sooner or later, your child will come to see a large purple dinosaur as
unsuitable marriage material.
5. There must be at least some trace minerals in chips.
6. Losing the spelling bee or suffering through a few years of braces actually
does build character.
7. At some point, he'll be interested enough in girls to bathe voluntarily.
8. Because unless she's the next Jennifer Garner, her awkward yearbook photo won't
haunt her for the rest of her life.
9. Because there are a million and one ways to raise kids right,and only a few ways
to screw them up royally.
10. Because they've got the world's greatest mom. That's you, babe!
Have a great week!!!!
1 comment:
I really like Connors hair. Glad you're letting it grow.
Post a Comment