Monday, May 3, 2010

Soccer, Baseball, Soccer, Baseball


Not too many pictures this time, unless you want to see some of the kids on Connor's soccer team playing. I brought the camera on Saturday to the Opening Day of Little League, but I didn't have my card in! So.....no baseball pictures yet.

We had a really nice week. The weather has been great. We have been outside working in the yard, and Connor met a new neighbor. Jack is in 3rd grade,like Connor, but he goes to Shady Lane. They live diagonal from us, so it is nice for Connor to have someone his age who is going to Shady Lane already, since he will be going there next year. Jack and his sister Rachael walk to school sometimes, so that will be nice. I know Connor is excited about that. Don't worry Mom, they have crossing guards at every intersection. :)

So, baseball has started but Connor missed his first game because he had a soccer game. The coaches didn't seem too mad. They just call Connor "two sporter" now. Opening Day was impressive. Menomonee Falls Little League (MFLL) has 1200+ kids participating, and they get all of those kids organized and on one field to introduce every team. It is amazing how smooth it goes for having that many kiids and parents running around. They had the Racing Sausages there too, so the kids LOVED that. If you don't know what the Racing Sausages are, they are a group of sausages (Polish, Hot Dog, Italian, Brat?) who race around the field at Brewer games. If I have that wrong I'm sorry. Maybe Patty would know better than me. :) Bernie the Brewer was also there. Connor got the Polish sausage and Bernie's autograph. Contrary to what we have always heard, it was really fun.

I got my first sunburn of the season. It was so sunny sitting at Connor's soccer games this weekend. After the big Bavarian win, they haven't won since. :) They are playing so great though. Connor has been having some great saves in goal. Yesterday, Dan put him back out on the field in the second half and he did great. He was aggressive, and he is SO fast. If he puts his mind to it, he can beat the other team to the ball almost everytime. I have always said he has another level. He will be running really fast, and the other team will be in front or catching up to him, but then he kicks it in to another level of fast. It is really exciting to watch in a game. The other parents are always saying, "Wow, he is fast!" At least he uses his speed more now. He used to say that he was saving it because it was his secret weapon.

He had his first goalie practice on Tuesday. He looked so cute out there because he is practicing with the big kids, he is so little. He practices at the new FC fields, and they are amazing. I had heard that they were really cool, but they are beautiful! Tom was just dieing to go out on them I think. He said, "You don't see fields like this. You might see them at a college level, but these are nice." I'll take a picture this week, because even for non-soccer players they are pretty.

Tom had a soccer tournament this weekend. Their team won every game, so that was good. But, Tom almost got into a fight with some college kid. I guess this kid was pushing people around and hockey checking people into the walls. He even tackled the goalie. Well, the ref gave him a blue card, but that didn't help anything. Tom told him that he better not tackle the goalie again or he's done. Tom is a pretty big guy, definitely the biggest on the team, but apparently this little punk college kid didn't care. You know how when you are young, you think you are invinceable? Well, it was the end of the game, 1 minute left, Tom's team was up 9 - 1. Tom had the ball and was dribbling down when here comes this kid and rams him. He rolls his ankle and Tom is livid. Herman, the captain, comes out and is talking to Tom, telling him it isn't worth it. Anyway, I think that kid is lucky that Tom is pretty good at controlling his temper. I wasn't there because it was a late game. That is probably better, because I am not as good at controlling my temper in those situations. I kind of have a big mouth at soccer games. :)

No comments: