Thursday, August 26, 2010

Is Anybody Out There?

I am blogging this week with the idea in mind that people actually read this. I'm not sure if that is true, or if most people just get on and look at the pictures. I understand, I am guilty of doing the same thing to the many of the blogs that I follow. Really, how many people want to get online and read all about someone else all the time? I recently watched the movie "Julie & Julia" and this was one of the themes, keeping up with writing a blog and somehow needing the satisfaction of knowing that someone is reading. Although, I get excited for my Mom, Dad, and In-laws to read it, in the movie it didn't count. :) I realized after watching the movie, that people just might actually be reading this! They might not leave a comment, but they might be a "follower." So, to all of my "followers" (if there are any), thank you for reading. Also, if you haven't seen the movie "Julie & Julia" you really should rent it.

The last couple of weeks have been very eventful at the Doyle household. I can't give the details, but I can say that Connor got the handshake of a lifetime. And I caught it on camera! Maddie also received some compliments from the "Mystery Person." It was really incredible.


Connor had his first soccer tournament a couple of weekends ago. They lost at the first tournament, but at the second tournament they lost 1 and won 2. Yea! The team looked really great, and it should be an exciting year.


Maddie is all over the place. She can stand up and even take a couple of steps while she is pushing her push toy. I think she should be walking in a couple of months! Her spit-up issues are gone! She loves to eat all kinds of food, and now has 4 teeth.







I took some pictures of her in this dress because it was one of mine when I was little. She looks like a little doll in it. :) Maybe if I dress her up in my old clothes she will look a little bit like me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara, we love to read your blog. So keep it up. The children look wonderful. Maddie is so big... We'll see you soon. Love, M.

Cindy said...

I don't know if you remember :) That is the dress you wore the day your adoption was final. I love it. Love you guys.

In His Care said...

I started reading you blog today. I enjoy reading blogs. This is your cousin from California. Cindy gave me you blog address. So it is too early for a handshake from Santa, I give up, who did Connor get a handshake from? Keep in touch. injesushands.blogspot.com or Cathy Blevins