Thursday, September 2, 2010

And Off We Go


Here is to the start of another school year. I know that I say this every year but....I can't believe Connor is in 4th grade. After some drama with the school redistricting fiasco, we are settled in (somewhat) at his new school. We no longer get a bus but it is nice to get a walk in the morning. We will see what my thoughts are about it when it is freezing, which is most of December through March. Today was the second day and Connor was nervous today. He wasn't sure about finding his friends and playing on the playground before school. He was also worried that he wouldn't know where to put his bag. I think this worry is the same as my anxiety about where I am going to park when going somewhere new. :) He likes his teacher and just said that she is very strict but he would try his best to remember all of her rules. The one thing he didn't like was that everything had a time. For example, "bathroom time" is twice a day. If you need to use the bathroom in between there you get in trouble. I don't know how accurate that information is, but we'll see how Connor handles this rule. :) I think it will be a good year.

Last week we were talking about Halloween and what Connor was going to be. He suggested being a zombie and Tom said that if that is what he wanted to be, he needed to go all out. Meaning, we needed to bring Connor back from the dead to get the full effect. :) Connor said, "I think that will be too risky. Maybe I should be an albino lifeguard, or Scotch-Korean instead. You know, a walking contradiction?" Hilarious! Also, he has a great Scottish accent that he talks in too, so that makes it even more hilarious. I swear he is going to be an actor or something....all the drama, humor, and different voices. :)


Maddie is growing and going. She plays with her toys all day and is such a good baby. Some of her favorite things are: going on walks, listening to Connor play the piano and dancing along, eating puffs, chasing Zak around, socks, taking a bath, playing peek-a-boo, and putting everything she can get her hands on into her mouth.


Last weekend Somer and Corey came up and we saw the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I have to admit that I listened to them and knew some of their songs, but I wouldn't say that I had been a huge follower. But, after seeing them live I am way more of a fan, they had so much energy and were a lot of fun. It is always nice to go out, especially with friends. It was great.

2 comments:

In His Care said...

I know that I was a little nervous last Monday, the first day of school, but the children seemed to be more than ready to learn and enjoy the day. Now we have three days off, oh my. I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Sara, we enjoyed being there this weekend. And, as usual, we loved your latest blog posting. The children were beautiful and wonderful (of course). Much love. M.