Wednesday, November 3, 2010

There is No Age Limit on Halloween!


As I take down the Halloween decorations, I think about how quickly each year goes by. I feel like it was honestly just a couple of months ago that I was doing the same things, taking down my witch on the back door, unwrapping the vine tree of it's shiny pumpkins, and peeling off the window clings. I love Halloween! I love everything about it. I love the movies on TV, the specials that play once a year (Great Pumpkin), the pumpkins, the kids in costumes, etc. I especially love seeing all of the kids on trick-or-treat night running around to collect as much candy as possible. This year I was reminded that some places have an age limit on trick-or-treating! I guess I never realized that I had to quit when I was in 6th grade! I remember that on my last trick-or-treat as a kid I was a punk rocker with my friend Tara. We wore side ponytails sprayed pink. We went to Nancy's haunted house and got scared to death. Which, by the way, I was happy to learn that Nancy is still doing her haunted house, someday I will go back. I guess I just think it is really sad that there is an age limit on Halloween fun. Menomonee Falls doesn't have that rule, so you see all ages of kids running around. On Halloween everyone turns back into a kid, dressing up, and getting very excited about walking around in the neighborhood after dark . I hope everyone, young and old, had a wonderful Halloween!





Scary Clowns!!!!





A Tired Little Flower.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Don't worry Sarah, you are not the only one who thinks that Halloween is for all ages. It is Ari's favorite holiday of the year!!

Anonymous said...

Those photos are wonderful, Sara. So is your latest blog. Though, as you know, I don't like Halloween much, I did like it when Tommy was young and we figured costumes for him, took him trick or treating, and generally had a good time. Can you send us some copies of those pics? Thanks. Love, Nana and P-Pa

Mama said...

The tired flower is adorable! Love you guys.