Yes, it's that time of year. The first meeting with the teacher. This year was especially important because it is a new school and even though the schools are in the same district, it is much different. We met with Connor's teacher and he is doing wonderful. His work is great, especially his reading and writing. He wrote a sample narrative to show, and I was so impressed! I guess the more you read the better you will write? Makes sense, because Connor reads all the time. :) He is right on target with math....whew! That is always a concern of mine because it seems like such a struggle at home. He did all of his timed tests under the 10:00 mark. I am thankful that Mrs. Berry doesn't put too much emphasis on the importance of the timed tests. I think they are a little ridiculous, I get the idea, knowing your facts, but really? Anyway, Connor is fine with that. He is a hard worker, so that was nice to hear. The only thing I was concerned with was his self evaluation. He gave himself so many low marks, when in actuality, Mrs. Berry said he deserved higher scores in almost everything. He has had a rough beginning of the year, but I think we have turned a corner and the rest of 4th grade will be wonderful! In the end, it is always nice to hear that you are raising a nice, polite, and caring boy. We are so proud of you Connor!
"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts..." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Parent Teacher Conferences
Yes, it's that time of year. The first meeting with the teacher. This year was especially important because it is a new school and even though the schools are in the same district, it is much different. We met with Connor's teacher and he is doing wonderful. His work is great, especially his reading and writing. He wrote a sample narrative to show, and I was so impressed! I guess the more you read the better you will write? Makes sense, because Connor reads all the time. :) He is right on target with math....whew! That is always a concern of mine because it seems like such a struggle at home. He did all of his timed tests under the 10:00 mark. I am thankful that Mrs. Berry doesn't put too much emphasis on the importance of the timed tests. I think they are a little ridiculous, I get the idea, knowing your facts, but really? Anyway, Connor is fine with that. He is a hard worker, so that was nice to hear. The only thing I was concerned with was his self evaluation. He gave himself so many low marks, when in actuality, Mrs. Berry said he deserved higher scores in almost everything. He has had a rough beginning of the year, but I think we have turned a corner and the rest of 4th grade will be wonderful! In the end, it is always nice to hear that you are raising a nice, polite, and caring boy. We are so proud of you Connor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are so proud of you, Connor. You have always been such a wonderful boy, and it's good to know your teacher thinks so too. Nana and P-pa
Post a Comment