Thursday, July 21, 2011

South Carolina - Day 1

Okay, so as usual I took a million pictures on vacation. I am going to split the blog up into days, so that it won't be overwhelming both for me and whoever is reading.

Day One:
We traveled the 15 hours in our friends, Renee and Craig's, RV. It was really awesome to have the room to get up and move around. Not to mention, when the kids had to go to the bathroom they could just walk to the back of the RV. If we would have been in cars I think it would have taken us about 20 hours judging just by how many times the kids "had to go!"

When we finally got there it was 11:00 pm and we were just ready to crash. But first we had to unload the RV and find a place to park, which ended up being more of an issue than anticipated. Off to bed!

The next morning was our real first day and the kids wanted to spend it where else but the pool. Yep, not the beach, the pool. I guess that's typical. :)Here is the only shot of Maddie in her life jacket. She proved to be even more fearless than Connor was around water, which made it challenging for us to keep a hand on her. The life jacket was good in theory, but not so good in real life. Maddie just wanted to be under water the whole time!

Here is Craig and Carson. I didn't get many pictures of the kiddy pool or the lazy river. We spent most of our time in the "deep part."

Tom and Connor....not sure what they are playing. I don't think I had taken out the diving sticks yet. They were a big hit with all the kids, even Maddie.

Renee and Marisa. I think Marisa was scuba diving. She had the goggles and scuba breathing thing that everyone wanted to use.

Ice Cream!!!

Back at the room, getting along. If we weren't doing something the kids would usually be arguing about something. Usually, a DS game and who was going to play it. I must say that Connor wasn't being a very understanding 10 year old. Hmmmm, do those two things even go together? Understanding and 10 year old?

Our cute matching PJ's and cups.

Connor in the big bath in our bedroom. He loves a good jacuzzi bath.

Tired out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog, Sara. Looking forward to more!