Friday, July 22, 2011

South Carolina - Day 2

Beach Day!!! This is what we had been waiting for. It had been two years since Tom and I had been to the ocean, four years for Connor. We were definitely in need of some ocean time. There is something about the ocean that is calming, and energizing at the same time. This was going to be Maddie's first time in the waves, so it was exciting. But first, we had to feed the geese and turtles outside of our condo.

Maddie watching Bubby feed the "duckies" from our balcony.

Maddie wasn't sure what she was supposed to do with all the sand and shells she collected in her bucket. She spent most of the time walking back and forth, emptying her findings back into the water.

Connor taking a much needed break. He is definitely his mom and dad's son. He LOVES the ocean, the waves (the bigger the better), and he is not afraid to go far out into the deeper water. He even got stung by a jellyfish! Didn't phase him. I love it. Maybe someday he will sail with me. :)

Love this picture.

Love the waves!

A nap on the beach, what could be better?

Getting ready to go parasailing!

This one takes some explaining. If you look closely, on the left you can see Connor being carried by a guy in the water. To get out to the boat they had to get on a raft pulled by a jet ski. By that time in the afternoon the tide was in, and the waves were rough. As they were going out, they hit a HUGE wave and Connor went flying off. And when I say flying, I mean bounced off the raft into the air landing in the huge waves. It was funny to watch, but I thought for sure that would be it for parasailing. I just knew he would lose his nerve, but nope, he got right back on, and out to sea they went. I was so proud.

There they go!

And they returned all in one piece. Thank you to Renee and Craig who watched Maddie while I took pictures of Connor and Tom. It definitely would have been too long for her to just hang out watching.

That was our first day at the beach. We went back to the condo and showered then out to eat at Bubba's. A seafood place in Surfside. We kept seeing people driving golf carts all around the town. We learned that the residents can get a license to drive them within 2 miles of their residence. These golf carts weren't just your normal carts, they were all fixed up. I took pictures of Connor and Tom in front of one of the fancier golf carts. It was a Toy Story theme, but it isn't on my camera anymore. Hmmmm, I wonder how that got deleted......Maddie?

No comments: