"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." ~Mister Rogers
I start my blog with this, because I think the mindset that we are here to help people is so important. If we can't find it in ourselves to help others in some way, why are we here?
The quote is a take on this idea that I hadn't thought of before. It is a great way to show my kids how to look for the hope in a situation, and to show that there are good people all around us even when it seems like there isn't.
The picture is one that I took today while Maddie and I spent the day with some friends at a "train garden." Gavin is helping her stand up on a chair to see the train go by. We are meant to help people. If we just take the time to watch even the youngest members of our society, we see it all around.
So sweet!
2 comments:
What a sweet picture! And you're right, Sara. We are here to help others in any way we can. Love to all. xoxo
Aw, that's a precious shot :)
I saw that quote earlier this week, too, and thought how lovely it was. What a precious memory to have of a mother.
Thanks for sharing your MSM & Merry Christmas!
Jacci @ woohooie
Post a Comment