Usually when I refer to home, I am referring to IL. I put the word home in the title because how many times have I read on various pillows, and wall hangings that "Home Is Where The Heart Is." My heart is definitely in IL and always will be, but my heart is also in this place. Maryland, Wisconsin, wherever it may be my heart is where my kids and husband are. I know, sounds cheesy, but I feel so blessed to have more than one "home."
Our Christmas was a quiet one in Maryland. Just Tom, Connor, Maddie, and I. On Christmas Eve we went to church where the kids were in an impromtu program. Maddie was an angel and Connor was a king. He is such a wonderful big brother. He walked with Maddie up to listen to the story, where they all then got there parts assigned to them. Connor told me he felt too big to do it, but he would so that Maddie wasn't alone. So sweet!
We went home and settled in for the long night with some coffee and movie watching. The kids went to bed around 9:00, but didn't fall asleep until around 11:00. Tom and I watched "Love Actually" and wrapped presents. Love that movie! "Ohhhhhh, would we call that chubby?" I love it!
I just love Christmas Eve. Everything is so calm and nice. It is like everyone is being as nice as they are going to be all year. :) This is it. Soak it up. Tomorrow, the family time will be eaten up by new toys and too much candy. But, Christmas Eve is all nice family time. No interruptions.
So, Christmas morning came and the kids tore through the presents and started playing immediately.
After that, we just stayed in our pj's and sat around. Tom made a wonderful (as always) Christmas dinner. Roast (the special order from the butcher kind), green beans, yorkshire pudding, and salad. Yum!
1 comment:
Sara, great blog as usual! Wish we could all have been there. Everything and everyone looked wonderful. We miss you all very much.
Post a Comment