She hasn't mastered going "number 2" but I don't even care! That will come I'm sure.
Connor is 12!
Connor had a quiet birthday this year. It was a little hectic because Tom was out of town right before and right after his actual birthday. It is a great time for a birthday, but being the end of the school year and the beginning of "summer" it can get a little hard to get it together. He really just wanted to have a sleepover with a friend, which was accomplished. He and Jack have become good friends and like to hang out. I'm so glad he has found someone he can be himself with.I love this picture because I think it catches his true face. His eyes and smile.......I love that face.
Maddie made her Bubby his gift. She was very excited to make him this picture frame. You can't see it from this picture but it is adorned with lovely puffs of various colors and sparkle letters that say, "Me" and "Bubby." So cute! She loves her Bubby so much!
We Have a GYMNAST!
Maddie had her last gymnastics class a few weeks ago. They put on a show for the parents. We followed them around the gym and watched them do all the skills they learned over the year. It was so great! These kids in the picture are a few of the other kids in her class. The one in the purple next to Maddie is her good friend Ava. They became really close over the year and love to play with each other. You can see on her face how proud she is and how excited she is about getting her first medal. I mean, how many medals has she seen Bubby get!? She told everyone she saw that day, and a couple days after, that she got a medal.She is super confident on the beam! I can't believe actually how good she is on here! It just comes down to the fact that she has no fear up there. Miss Sarah would ask her to do a roll, and she would do it! I honestly don't know where she gets it from. I hated the beam! She is fantastic on it, but it isn't her favorite. Her favorite is bars, and she is good on those as well. :)
I little bit of spaghetti legs going on but its tumble track and everyone has fun on that! Here is what I learned from this year in gymnastics, Mom knows nothing and can tell her nothing. Just like Dad knows nothing about soccer with Connor. I know absolutely nothing about forward rolls and pointed toes. :) Oh well.
1 comment:
Sara, as usual your blog is wonderful. If you have another copy of that wonderful photo of Connor with his cake, please send us a copy. That one is perfect! And Maddie is getting to be a big girl. Good girl! Take care and we love all of you. Nana and P-pa xoxox
Post a Comment