Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 3

Ok, Tuesday.....we took the kids to Horner Park to burn off some energy. Lebanon has a great park! It is huge and really well kept. It was so nice to be back in the Midwest where everything is open and clear. I say that, because in MD there are so many trees and the grass is so "different." I can't really explain it except that the trees kind of take over everything.

 Maddie loves the playground! She loves the slides and swings. Those are always her two favorites.

She went through a phase for a couple of months where she was afraid of the big slides that she would normally barreled down, but it didn't last long. Not sure what it was even about, but she is back to her old self.



Connor also loves a playground, he always has. I think it is sad that he no longer gets "recess" at school. :(  In Wisconsin the middle schoolers got a recess and they still ran around and played. They still love it and need it. Outside play.
 
Here is Connor practicing his handstand. He is actually pretty good at walking on his hands. Later that day Connor, Maddie, and I would have a handstand contest in the front yard at Michele and Russ's. They still can't beat me. :)

 I like that Horner Park has a mixture of old playground equipment and new. This is one of the triangle shaped slides that you climb then slide down. They make me crazy because it always looks like the kids are going to tumble head first over the edge while they are climbing! I have never seen that actually happen, but it sure makes me nervous. The kids love it though!
 I love this picture!
 
 I REALLY love this picture! Taking a rest.
 
 Here is Maddie driving me in the truck. The steering wheel was a bit broken and crooked, but drivable.
A fun day at the park!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara, your blogs are always wonderful to read. I'm glad you had such a good time back in the Midwest. And so did we! Much love and xoxo's.