Friday, August 16, 2013

Lebanon Day 1and 2.

We left Kentucky on Sunday morning and arrived accident free that evening. After unpacking and dinner, we played a game of Mexican Train then off to bed.

On Monday we woke up and slowly got moving. We were all, me Tom Connor Maddie Russ and Michele, going to meet Renee, Marisa, and Carson at the splash pad in O'Fallon for lunch and play time. It is a great place and reminded us a lot of Wisconsin. We used to have a "splash pad" close to us, and now it is a chore finding a body of water to swim in! It is crazy how you can live right on the water and not be able to swim! The Chesapeake Bay area has been referred to as the biggest "gated community" in the United States, but that is another post. :)

 Here is Maddie on the...... I don't know what they are called. The ropes with stepping circles attached. Anyway, they were fun whatever they are called.








Then she found the see-saw. She couldn't get on the see-saw at Kentucky because it was too big, so the spring loaded one was cool. I was talking to Renee for most of the time so I'm not sure how Maddie actually felt about it.



 Here is Carson doing the obstacle course that Connor was all about. They were practicing for the "American Ninja Warrior."











Funny Faces and Climbing Kids



Notice the clouds in the background? We stayed at the playground as long as possible, and then it started thundering and lightning so we thought we better go. Renee let us come back to her house so we could talk and the kids could play. It was great to see them!

That night Tom and I met up with Matt, Leslie, Beth, Renee and Craig for some food and drinks. It was awesome to chat, catch up, and laugh. Especially laugh. I miss old friends......

No comments: