Thursday we were on the road to Kentucky.
We had an uneventful drive until we were almost there and decided to stop to go to the bathroom. We, and when I say we I mean Tom, hit an old sawed off pipe covered by a milk crate. It tore up the front bumper, broke the right blinker signal in the front and the wiper fluid, messed up something to do with the thing that holds in the radiator, and bent the frame. Bummer.....
It is all taken care of, and it is kind of funny.....now. :)
We had a great time in Kentucky. It was actually a lot farther than we thought, but a beautiful drive. I really love Kentucky. We were one of the first people there so we just spent the day waiting for everyone to get there, and swimming. When all was said and done there were 13 adults and 11 kids. We were missing 5 adults and 2 kids. That is a lot of people to accommodate! It was brought up many times that we, the adults, are almost outnumbered.......
There was a great playground right behind our cabin. I love that my kids will play outside all day if given the option. Maddie of course loved swinging and there were three different types of swings to choose from. This ball swing was a bit difficult, but it seems that the littler the person, the better you swing.
There was also a clubhouse, so that was fun.
Maddie was the lone girl, so "house" was out for the weekend. I don't think she could talk any of the boys into it. :)
Here is our swinging girl........
....and our see-sawing boy.
And tether ball.....a HUGE hit! Who knew! We had a few smacks to the face, but nothing crazy. No blood or anything, so I say that is a success.
Sweet, sweet, Maddie.
It is funny how a simple college get together to have a bags tournament, turns into an annual vacation. People are travelling from all over, and I love it! Yes, we still print up a bracket, and make teams complete with colors and shirts. But, now our days are spent playing with the kids, catching up, and fitting in a game where we can.
I'm not sure if we had a big winner this year or not. :) And no, I didn't go to college with this group, but I feel like I fit now. :) Thank you all for a great weekend, and we will see you next year!
1 comment:
Awww...you absolutely fit Sara! Love your blog posts. You do such a great job, & it's such a treasure for your family!! :)
Post a Comment