Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Days Through A Child's Lens

My friend Gretchen recently turned me onto this great idea of writing about something for 31 days straight. write 31 days Yes! Absolutely! I would love to do this, oh and it started on October 1st......it is the 3rd. So here I am, almost completely computer illiterate, trying to figure out how to logically do this and oh the pressure of a topic! What to write about for 31 days straight?

Drumroll............. Through A Child's Lens

Yep. That's it. Because it is the most perfect way to see our world and the people around us. I would love to see the world this way. And hopefully it will help me to be closer with my children, to stop and really listen to them more. Ask them questions about the everyday things that I so nonchalantly skip over.

So my son, Connor, is thirteen, and my daughter, Madeleine, is four. "See through the eyes of a thirteen year old!" you say? "Who would ever want to do that?" you say. Me! Me! Me!  I would love to see things through his eyes, and then follow that process through the brain that eventually comes out of the mouth in some crazy statement that leaves everybody saying, "What?" And for my four year old, who doesn't want a little refresher of the world through four year old eyes? Beautiful, innocent, and curious, always.

So I invite you to join me on this adventure in writing. Let's go!

I will be posting all of the days on this page so just scroll down and pick the day you would like to check out.

Day 2 : Spanish and French or Glue and Parachutes

Day 3 : Be Still and Listen

Day 4 : Perfect.

Day 5 : "It was a happy day."

Day 6 : He is Promise.

Day 7: It's Amazing What Can Happen If We Just Show Up.


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great. I look forward to each day!!